Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The mid-week grind

It figures... on a night when I'm actually playing poker on PokerStars.net, Dr. Pauly himself came by to leave a comment on my last entry. And it also figures that tonight, I have a very uneven session.

Dealer: Tr1shaLynn has a pair of Kings
Dealer: Game #12402767189: Tr1shaLynn wins side pot (60) with a pair of Kings
Dealer: Game #12402767189: Tr1shaLynn wins main pot (3490) with a pair of Kings


This was the very first hand I was dealt. I had Ah-Kx off-suit to start with, and the flop was all hearts. Can't remember if the King came on the turn or the river, but two people went all-in to make up that pot. I tripled up in this hand.

Dealer: gnulife4me has a pair of Fours
Dealer: Tr1shaLynn has a pair of Tens
Dealer: Game #12402830961: Tr1shaLynn wins pot (555) with a pair of Tens


This was the second hand I was dealt. Yeah, I really had no right to be in this hand at all, starting with 9-10o, and not catching the straight draw on the river. This was pure luck.

Tr1shaLynn: So do you have the straight?
Dealer: Tr1shaLynn, it's your turn. You have 15 seconds to act
Dealer: Player Tr1shaLynn has requested TIME
Dealer: Tr1shaLynn has high card Ace
Dealer: adamg8888 has two pair, Nines and Sevens
Dealer: Game #12402883026: adamg8888 wins pot (670) with two pair, Nines and Sevens
Tr1shaLynn: nh


Ad-Kd, and the flop didn't help my flush. However, I did end up also drawing to a straight. I checked a lot when I should have been stronger, I think.

Dealer: Game #12402996520: Tr1shaLynn wins pot (205)

Caught a flush on the turn, and I realize now that I should have slow-played. Instead, I bet 1.5 times the pot because I wanted to represent uber-strength, and it worked. Thank you, Dan Harrington.

Dealer: billferd has a full house, Nines full of Kings
Dealer: Game #12403065047: billferd wins pot (3170) with a full house, Nines full of Kings


Had 7-7 to start, and was blinded by the kings. Damnit.

Dealer: adamg8888 has a full house, Aces full of Sevens
Dealer: Game #12403169875: adamg8888 wins pot (510) with a full house, Aces full of Sevens


And here I was thinking he'd gotten the third seven... no, he had the third Ace. At least I did accurately call him on it. Me? Just two pair, Aces and tens. Nicely played.

BEST HAND OF THE NIGHT
Dealer: Tr1shaLynn has three of a kind, Queens
Dealer: Game #12403323018: Tr1shaLynn wins pot (1625) with three of a kind, Queens


A-Qo, a raise from last position, I called, and it was called back from the middle. I hit the first queen on the turn, bet half the pot, and was called all-in. Third queen hit, I bet half the pot again, and was called. Textbook, yes?

Dealer: billferd has two pair, Tens and Nines
Dealer: Game #12403564737: billferd wins side pot (3599) with two pair, Tens and Nines
Dealer: keko9 has a straight, Ten to Ace
Dealer: Game #12403564737: keko9 wins main pot (1128) with a straight, Ten to Ace


And this is where I lost 2/3 my stack because I started talking to this guy who kept catching straights. I had Kc-4c to start, and things didn't get much better for me the longer things went on and the queen I needed didn't show up. I hadn't been playing for a while and while I was the one who initiated the conversation, he kept it going. I admit that perhaps I wanted to impress him and solidify my standing at the table? Anyway, lesson learned: Stop thinking with your ego, Trish.

Dealer: billferd has three of a kind, Queens
Dealer: MaranelloW has two pair, Kings and Queens
Dealer: kdh11353 has a flush, King high
Dealer: Game #12403709387: kdh11353 wins pot (3040) with a flush, King high


I was the SB and had Ac-10h and paid $5 to see the flop because why not? Everyone else had only called. The flop comes up more clubs and straight possibilities, so I check. Bill comes back with a raise of 300+ and was called. So I did what any prudent person with only 1k in chips left would do: I got the hell out of the way. Best decision, ever.

Dealer: BigK2007 has a straight, Five to Nine
Dealer: Game #12403950632: BigK2007 wins side pot-2 (950) with a straight, Five to Nine
Dealer: Game #12403950632: BigK2007 wins side pot-1 (1980) with a straight, Five to Nine


Gyah. BK stole my straight. That money should have been mine, except for the fact that someone else had the queen I needed.

And that's it for me for this session, leaving the table with 410 in chips. Argh... and I forgot to get the session stats before I left the table. Oh well, next time.

No comments: