Monday, May 7, 2007

The ending of an era

It feels strange to begin a new blog about gaming with a decision to stop playing a videogame, but there we are. I'm 95% committed to canceling my Final Fantasy XI account, selling off some equipment and armor, deleting my characters, and putting them into mothballs for the next three months. It was the realization that I hadn't picked up the controller at either my boyfriend's house or my apartment that was the cause of this decision, along with the fact that money is just getting that much tighter the older I get.

I don't think that I'm going to be picking up another MMORPG either, mostly because if I didn't play FFXI for the last month, what makes me think that I'd pick up City of Heroes/Villains or the new Lord of the Rings game?

However, if they ever really do come out with a Firefly-themed MMORPG, I'm totally in. Space hooking, here I come!

No comments: